Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Flavor Flav Spent $5.7 Million on Crack

In his autobiography, Flavor Flav: The Icon The Memoir, the legendary hype man-cum-reality tv star reveals everything. Including the tensions within Public Enemy and with Def Jam records, his struggles with addiction, his multiple visits to both rehab and to jail before re-inventing himself in reality television as VH1's most eligible—and most watched—bachelor. In that vein, the 52-year-old gave an interview to the folks over at Popeater and he doesn't hold back either. Telling them how much cash he blew on crack cocaine in the 1990s and how incredibly fake his reality shows were.
You're very honest in the book about your drug use. It got really crazy.
Yeah I was spending $2,600 a day, for six years, every single day. I don't know how much that is but if you did the math, wow, I went through a lot of money. If I did the math I'd probably be shocked on how much money I spent, I'd probably punch myself in the face.

(Editor's Note: 2,191 days -- one leap year day included -- at $2,600 a piece equals $5,696,600.)

When you recounted your life, can you believe everything you've done?
I've done a lot. I didn't really think about it like that. I thought more, damn how can I remember everything I've done!

How did you get clean?
I went out to California in the middle of 2003 and I changed my people, places and things. My also wanting to pursue a TV and movie career, I knew that in order for me to do that and be successful, I had to leave all of that behind me. I had to because me being a major celebrity, everything that I do, word will travel. I didn't want to build a bad reputation in other states. I wanted to leave all that stuff in New York. That's what really helped me get clean by me not wanting to build up a reputation of me going through neighborhoods buying drugs.
....

You lost your virginity when you were very young.
I was six years old. I lost my virginity by experimenting. The girl was the same age as me. We kind of felt a little something funny. We knew it was kind of wrong yet we felt it was kind of natural.

How is that even possible?
I mean I call it a lost virginity when the penis penetrates the vagina, I do consider that a cherry pop.

Ever get tired of schlepping that big clock around?
Never. The clock is American Express. I don't leave home without it. My neck is used to it after all of these years. My neck has developed certain muscles, I forget the clock is around me.

You did a dating show and yet you had a girl friend the whole time.
Yes I did. Well I'm an entertainer, my job is to bring America good TV. In my book I had to write about me being an entertainer but yet after I finished entertaining I go home to my family. Yeah that was kind of difficult but I had to do it. I'm still with my girlfriend, we've been together now going on eight years and we have a kid together.

So when are you going to marry her?
Real soon. I just got to put myself in a much more comfortable state for me to get married. I'm still not in a comfortable state. There are certain things I want to do within myself. I just really want to be in the right financial position before I say 'I do.'

You have seven kids.
Yeah from 25 to 4 and I'm going for three more so I can have my personal 10. I want a starting five and some substitutes. I also have four grand-children and my grand-kids call me grand-daddy. I spoil them as much as I can.

You also had 62 traffic violations.
Over 62. I don't have a license right now but there's just a couple more things that I have to do here in New York to clear that up and once we do that, we are good to go.
source
Last month, he was arrested in Las Vegas on multiple traffic infractions, including driving without a license. In the interview, Flav said MC Hammer encouraged him to sign on to do The Surreal Life -- which was where career as a reality show star began. The Surreal Life was where he met Brigitte Neilsen. For the record, he says that relationship was "definitely really, really real." Hmm, OK. Had he not smoked all that money away in crack, he'd plenty-o money to marry his baby mama and pay employees of his now-closed fried chicken restaurant. Scott Storch is still the winner, he snorted $30 million in coke.
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment